Essential oils are perfect for skin care and there is an essential oil for any skin type and skin issue. In this blog, we will look at the 9 best essential oils for dry skin.
Essential oils are magic for nourishing dry skin. Essential oils are the volatile oils derived from plant material usually by distillation. They are highly fragrant, concentrated and effective. We never use them neat on the skin but mix and dilute them with carrier oils such as almond, coconut, rosehip seed oil or with lotion, shower gel or bath product.
why use essential oils on the skin?
They are the perfect nourishment. Essential oils are everything you want from a shower gel or soap without the drying. They are antimicrobial, antibacterial and some even antifungal. They may hydrate and soothe the skin.
the top 9 essential oils for dry skin
1. Chamomile is one of the best anti-inflammatory essential oils. It is super soothing nourishing and calming. If your dry skin is accompanied with sensitivity this is the perfect fit.
2. Frankincense has been used in skin care since the ancient Egyptians. They used it for mummification as frankincense preserves flesh. In skin care, it is highly regarded for cellular regeneration and to even out your skin tone.
3. Rose is such a beautiful fragrance and very feminine. It's brilliant for skin care as it soothes, calms and balances. You often see a combination of rose, frankincense and geranium for balancing the skin and our spirit.
4. Geranium is the perfect balancer. It balances the skin, our hormones and our mood. It is slightly astringent and tones the skin. Being anti-inflammatory it soothes the skin and minimises redness.
5. Lavender is another balancer for body, mind and our skin. Extremely calming and soothing.
6. Myrrh is a fantastic anti-ageing essential oil. It is protecting, has anti antioxidant properties and may help protect against UV damage while reducing fine lines and wrinkles and supporting youthful skin. It is also used for scaring.
7. Sandalwood is extremely calming for our skin and our minds. This is perfect for dry irritated and inflamed skin.
8. Helichrysum is known for its potential anti-ageing and scar reducing benefits. It is hydrating for the skin. There’s also the potential benefit for it to help block UV damage to the skin.
9. Carrot seed is another fabulous oil. However, it's more of a carrier oil rather than an essential oil. It has a wonderful colour that gives our skin a healthy glow. Carrot seed oil is very moisturising for the skin.
These are some of the aromatic oils we have selected when creating Yogandha Relax. Yogandha Relax is an oil you can use for all over skin care. We love it as a face oil as well as a body oil. We even use it in the shower. Get your own here and enjoy the benefits of relaxing and nourishing oil treatments.
Read all the details about our Yogandha Year where we support you through the process to wellness using the power of scent (you get the amazing Yogandha products sent directly to your door) and the power of the seasons and nature.
Never want to miss a story? Join the Journey